Sunday, February 26, 2012

My mom should be Jeremy Lin's publicist.

In response to my making fun of her for wishing that her children were successful like Jeremy Lin, my mother retraced her steps and said that she actually didn't care about how much money my brother and I make and doesn't really wish that we were NBA stars. Instead, she explained, she admires Jeremy Lin for his personality:

"He has such a great attitude. And he is so polite. He works hard and appreciates what he has. He knows how to treat people with respect. He is a very good person. He is clearly a product of a good upbringing. That is why I like him."

What I want to ask is, HOW THE HELL DOES SHE KNOW?

I'm hoping that Jeremy Lin will do what ball players are expected to do: Get all tatted up, have a few children out of wedlock, get caught with drug or gun possession or both, spend a grotesque amount of money on a monstrosity of a house that could be featured on MTV Cribs. That might be the only way I can get my mom to reclaim me as her offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment