Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Papa Fung's Bookshelf

I didn't grow up in a house that had cable, but I did grow up in one that had books. Dad kept the shelves in his office filled with books dating back to his college days. I remember poking through his books on economic theory, calculus, and history, and hoped that one day I could unlock the mysteries of grown-up books.

Today, however, as I worked in my dad's office, I became perplexed by the books I saw on his top shelf:





So, I asked him about them:

Me: Dad, what's up with your books? They make you look like a Republican.

Dad: Well, I used to be one. Everyone was back then, in the early 80s.

Me: But those books are kind of new.

Dad: Well, I read them not because of their ideology. I just want to see how stupid people rise to power.

Me: Um, okay.

Dad: Reagan was stupid.

END.


No comments:

Post a Comment