Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Dad the Cyberstalker

I've always hated that website, ratemyprofessor.com, not because of the fact that students get to make stupid public comments about me, but because my dad also gets to see those comments. Here is a conversation from 2007, when I first started accumulating student evaluations on the website.

Dad: Do your students ever have a hard time believing you're the instructor?

Me: Maybe. That's why I'll dress up a bit when I teach. You know, to look professional and all.

Dad: Is that why your students think you're HOT?

Me: ???

Dad: Is that why they say you have cute shoes? Heh heh...

Me: Have you been looking at my ratemyprofessors.com profile, dad?!

Dad: Of course! When I google you, that's the first thing that pops up!

Me (truly creeped out about the idea of my dad cyberstalking me): When the hell did you learn how to google search people?

Dad: Come on! Your old man isn't that stupid! I learned how to put videos on youtube!

Me: Yeah, and we were all shocked that you figured it out. You can't even operate the DVD player!

Dad: Shit, come on!

END.

No comments:

Post a Comment