Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mama and Papa Fung at Qigong Class

After a hiatus, my mom and my aunt decided to resume their Qigong classes. This time, they managed to drag their husbands along with them. When I asked mom how the classes went, she only said, "The master thought your dad was someone's dad! Because he looks so old! The master is actually older than your dad, but your dad walks around like an old man." My dad's side of the story was different, however:

Me: So how did Qigong class go?

Dad: Fine! You know how I've been doing Tai Chi for many years now? So the movement was pretty familiar. We were doing the exercises and the master said that out of everybody in the class, I have Neigong!

Me: Neigong?

Dad: You know what Neigong is? It means I have natural power that comes from within! Like in those old movies where the kung fu masters can make it rain! Hahaha!

Me: And what kind of power do you think you have?

Dad: Oh, you never know. When it comes out, it can take over the world by storm! Hahaha!

Me: Mom doesn't have Neigong?

Dad: No. You know the two sisters-- They just follow the rules but they don't know how to do it naturally.

Me: Mom didn't mention anything when I asked her how class went.

Dad: Well, she probably won't want to go to class anymore. She probably thinks the master doesn't know what he's talking about.

-----

Dad returned the phone to mom, so I decided to probe futher.

Me: So dad has Neigong, huh?

Mom: Well, he already had learned the foundations before.

Me: You don't believe the master when he says that dad has Neigong?

Mom: No way.

Me: How did uncle do?

Mom: The master said he had the best sitting position. I didn't. After sitting for a few minutes, my legs hurt so much I couldn't get up. 

END.



No comments:

Post a Comment