Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dad Puts It Simply

Shit's been hitting the fan at UC Davis, and I've been following the coverage pretty obsessively. In the last of the eight years I spent there getting my PhD, I got heavily involved in the student protests against tuition increases. My dad has always been supportive of my rabble-rousing spirit. Here is an email he sent to me yesterday about the most recent incident of police brutality:


I've seen the stupid cop spraying pepper over the sitting students on TV. It also created an uproar here. Two cops were put on Admin. leave. I think they should be fired!

The silent protest is powerful as orchestrated by Gandhi and King before. I think the students know how to use the power of shame now.

The Chancellor looks stupid too. I wonder how she got this job.

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment