Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Dad Would Let Me Rot In Jail

I am currently serving on the executive board of an academic association, so I spent this weekend attending a planning meeting in D.C. Upon returning home, I called my parents just to let them know that I made it there and back okay. My dad, of course, always has a grasp of what my professional life is like.

Dad: Where are you?

Me: I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight.

Dad: Oh, good. I thought you were protesting this weekend and were calling me from jail.

Me: I wish I had time to protest! Our hotel was really close to the White House, and I saw people protesting at a park nearby. Would you bail me out if I got arrested, Dad?

Dad: I don't know. It would depend on how much time you wanted to spend in jail. You probably would want to lecture at people for a few days before I got you out.


END.


No comments:

Post a Comment