Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Real Dilemma

Both Boston and New York got hit with snow this Halloween weekend, which made dressing up for the holiday a new dilemma for me and my brother.

Bro: Question. Do you think I could wear pants with my sailor outfit? Because it's snowing and I don't want to be walking through Brooklyn in short shorts.

Me: Sure. You could be like Gene Kelly from On the Town.

Bro: But I don't want to be that kind of sailor. I want to be a prepubescent boy sailor.

Me: Of course you do.

Bro: [trying on the costume as he's talking on the phone] Ugh, the costume really is much cuter without pants.

Me: Don't you have a long coat?

Bro: No.

Me: How about wearing pants to the party and then changing into the shorts in the bathroom?

Bro: That's too much trouble. Argh! My life is so difficult!

Me: [also trying on my costume while talking on the phone] Crap. I forgot how short this Strawberry Shortcake costume is. I'm going to freeze my ass off.

Bro: Fuck it, I'm just going to freeze my ass off.

Me: Snow really makes dressing slutty for Halloween rather difficult.

Bro: I know!

END.

No comments:

Post a Comment